REDHAT CLUSTER

Walters, Mark Mark.Walters at McKesson.com
Thu Sep 21 18:10:49 UTC 2006

-----Original Message-----
From: redhat-list-bounces at redhat.com
[mailto:redhat-list-bounces at redhat.com] On Behalf Of pp p
Sent: Thursday, September 21, 2006 10:12 AM
To: redhat-list at redhat.com
Subject: REDHAT CLUSTER

Dear All.

"Greetings for the Day !!!"

I have two HP DL380 G4 PROLIANT servers configured with HP MSA500
storage
and RHEL 3 installed in both the servers. Is there any software inbuilt
in
REDHAT to configure cluster in RHEL 3. If so please tell me in detail to
configure the Cluster in Fail over mode.

Thanks in advance !!!!

With regards,
Piyoo.

Hello Piyoo-

There is no "inbuilt" software but, RedHat has a layered application
which provides this functionality.  I also researched and tested some
other commercial options earlier this year.   My company has experience
with ServiceGuard but its only supported on Proliants and we sell HP,IBM
and Dell, we therefore chose the Red Hat Cluster Suite which is vendor
neutral allows a single support path.

(this data was compiled 8 months ago!)

Vendor	         	Cost		       advantages

Hewlett Packard
Service Guard	  	1309 per server	HP ProLiant only	-

Red Hat	        	498 per server 	All HW arch RHEL 3.0 and 4.0
http://www.redhat.com/en_us/USA/home/solutions/clustersuite/

Veritas-Symantec         490	   Intel - RHEL 3.0 only
http://www.veritas.com/Products/www?c=product&refId=20
Software vendor neutral, ie; Suse or RedHat

(Open Source)Heartbeat	free	Open source - lacks commercial support
http://linux-ha.org/

Good Luck-

Mark Walters HPCSA, RHCE