Failover support for QLogic HBAs in RHEL 4?

Aterea Brown aterea.brown at aut.ac.nz
Mon Sep 25 02:07:29 UTC 2006

I believe that feature was removed from 2.6.xx modules  in favour of
using device mapper multipath-tools.
I believe that this is the supported path forward for linux and
multipathing.
See http://christophe.varoqui.free.fr/wiki/wakka.php?wiki=UsageFile for
more information.

-art

>>> ssklar+redhat at stanford.edu 06:47 22/09/2006 >>>
Um, if it isn't possible to do this with the native driver, then I
guess I will have to go with additional software.

However, failover is supposed to be an available feature of the
QLogic driver, and I shouldn't have to use anything added on.  I'm
just trying to understand why the feature appears to be removed from
the kernel module provided by Red Hat.

Thanks,
	-s-

mailto:redhat-list-request at redhat.com?subject=unsubscribe