Can't Start XServer

Rian rian.castillo at gmail.com
Tue Sep 26 03:07:07 UTC 2006

After running the sytem-config-display (same with the one I was mentioning
awhile back), the program created a conf file @ /etc/X11, but when I try to
start X Windows, it still looks for the conf file at these locations (see
below) and not in /etc/X11. I even tried copying /etc/X11/xorg.conf to the
said directories all to no avail. What seems to be the problem?

//XF86Config
/etc/XF86Config
/usr/X11R6/lib/XF86Config.PortalServer01.in.svi.ph
/usr/X11R6/lib/XF86Config