Can't Start XServer

Rian rian.castillo at gmail.com
Tue Sep 26 06:59:01 UTC 2006

Monitor is an ADI Provista model, but specifying it as Generic Monitor
worked fine
Video Card is an Sis mode, but specifying it as Generic VESA worked fine
Keyboard is a K627 Genius model (PS/2)
Mouse is an A4Tech OK-720 model (PS/2)
Here's the Xorg.conf

# Xorg configuration created by system-config-display

Section "ServerLayout"
    Identifier    "single head configuration"
    Screen    0    "Screen0"    0    0
    InputDevice    "Mouse0"    "CorePointer"
    InputDevice    "Keyboard0"    "CoreKeyboard"
EndSection

Section "Files"

# RgbPath is the location of the RGB database. Note, this is the name of the
# file minus the extension (like ".txt" or ".db"). There is normally
# no need to change the default.
# Multiple FontPath entries are allowed (they are concatenated together)
# By default, Red Hat 6.0 and later now use a font server independent of
# the X server to render fonts.
    RgbPath    "/usr/X11R6/lib/X11/rgb"
    FontPath    "unix/:7100"
EndSection

Section "Module"
    Load    "dbe"
    Load    "extmod"
    Load    "fbdevhw"
    Load    "glx"
    Load    "record"
    Load    "freetype"
    Load    "type1"
    Load    "dri"
EndSection

Section "InputDevice"

# Specify which keyboard LEDs can be user-controlled (eg, with xset(1))
#    Option "Xleds"    "1 2 3"
# To disable the XKEYBOARD extension, uncomment XkbDisable.
#    Option "XkbDisable"
# To customize the XKB settings to suit your keyboard, modify the
# lines below (which are the defaults). For example, for a non-U.S.
# keyboard, you will probably want to use:
#    Option "XkbMode1"    "pc102"
# If you have a US Microsoft Natural keyboard, you can use:
#    Option "XkbModel"    "microsoft"
# Then to change the language, change the Layout setting.
# For example, a german layout can be obtained with:
#    Option "XkbLayout"    "de"
# or:
#    Option "XkbLayout"    "de"
#    Option "XkbVariant"    "nodeadkeys"
#
# If you'd like to switch the positions of your capslock and
# control keys, use:
#    Option "XkbOptions"    "ctrl:swapcaps"
# Or if you just want both to be control, use:
#    Option "XkbOptions"    "ctrl:nocaps"
#
    Identifier    "Keyboard0"
    Driver    "kbd"
    Option    "XkbModel"    "pc105"