Using different port number on clients

Padiyath Sreekumaran kumar.padiyath at psi.ch
Fri Apr 20 13:06:20 UTC 2007

Hello,
 Our user's use commercial SW which requires license to use.
 Iam running a license server for this purpose. One of the product uses
port number 1700 on the license server. We are using different firewalls
in between client and server machine. So our security person asked me
whether it is possible to use different port number(in between 20000 -
30000) on the client machine for the SW. How one has to configure for
this? An example is appreciated if possible.

Have a nice weekend.

I will appreciate your help.

Regards,
Kumar
Padiyath Sreekumar       |   Tel: +41.56.310.3643
Paul Scherrer Institut   |   email: kumar.padiyath at psi.ch
AIT                      |   Office: WHGA/U132
WHGA/U132                |   Fax: +41.56.310.3649
CH-5232 Villigen PSI     |
Switzerland              |