Getting RedHat updates

Gaddis, Jeremy L. jeremy at linuxwiz.net
Wed Apr 4 22:18:44 UTC 2007

On Wed, 4 Apr 2007, m.roth2006 at rcn.com wrote:

>> up2date --nox --configure
> <snip>
> No joy. The other sysadmin, before I started, tried; after I came on board, I tried. We can't manage to get the systems registered through the proxy.

May I suggest you get with your security group and request they punch
a hole in your firewall to allow your server to hit rhn.redhat.com on
port 443?

All communications are over 443/TCP, but you may want to verify that
rhn.redhat.com is the proper host.  I have a satellite server that all
of my machines goes through, and they don't hit rhn.redhat.com
directly.

Jeremy L. Gaddis, MCP, GCWN             jeremy at linuxwiz.net
LinuxWiz Consulting                     http://linuxwiz.net