Getting RedHat updates

McDougall, Marshall (FSH) Marshall.McDougall at gov.mb.ca
Thu Apr 5 12:48:33 UTC 2007

>May I suggest you get with your security group and request they punch
>a hole in your firewall to allow your server to hit rhn.redhat.com on
>port 443?

Actually, if you use the directive "35. useNoSSLForPackage YES", then
port 80 is all that is required.  If you are in a MS domain, make sure
you include the domain as part of your proxyuser parm.  I am behind a
bluecoat device and I have no problems.  Having said that, when we were
using microsoft proxy I couldn't get it working then either.

Regards, Marshall