cron problem

m.roth2006 at rcn.com m.roth2006 at rcn.com
Fri Apr 6 15:36:23 UTC 2007

Ok, folks, I'm going nuts. I've set up a cron job to run a script to back up Oracle. In the crontab entry, I've got it piping stdout and stderr to append to a logfile. It runs late every Thursday night.

Well, allegedly.

I find entries in /var/log/cron saying it ran... but there's no backup, and no log. Just this week, I added set -x in the script.

Nada.

Any suggestions? Oh, and yes, if I run it manually, it works just fine. The no output log *really* drives me nuts....

    mark