mac connectivity to linux

Barry Brimer lists at brimer.org
Mon Apr 9 13:05:43 UTC 2007

On Sun, 8 Apr 2007, sylvan dacounha wrote:

> I have redhat server running and have recently got some Apple MAc computers
>
>  could i use the redhat linux server for file sharing for the mac clients .. that is mac connectivity to linux

If these Macs are running Mac OS X, they can speak SMB/CIFS/Windows File
Sharing, in which case, you can share files to them from your Linux system
using Samba.  If they are classic Mac OS (<=9.x) you probably want to use
netatalk <http://netatalk.sf.net> which will allow you to use classic
appletalk (ddp) as well as Appletalk over IP.

Hth,
Barry