ls tar having problem? backup and restore, but can't see the backup files

ann kok annkok2001 at yahoo.com
Tue Apr 10 18:45:04 UTC 2007

Hi all

I am running the fedore core5

I used the tar zcvf to backup all systems eg: /var,
/etc, /root... and restore it to 2nd-drive

tar zcvf /2nd-drive/backup.tar.gz /var /etc /selinux
/root....

it didn't show any error in this tar and i can see the
/var /usr has been backing up in the processing of the
backup

but i can't see those folders /var /usr when I restore
it. I repeated and tried tar cvf .tar unstead of
.tar.gz. but the result is same

cd /2nd-drive
tar zxvf backup.tar.gz

have you had this expereience? Why?