mac connectivity to linux

Bruce W. Martin redhat at vuiis.vanderbilt.edu
Thu Apr 12 13:38:00 UTC 2007

Netatalk is the AFP type service for Linux.
SAMBA is the SMB/CIFS service for Linux.

You will probably find configuring and using SAMBA much easier.

BTW, MacOS X can also do NFS but it is a bit less than standard.

We use SAMBA so that both Mac & Windows users can use it and I only
have to administer one protocol for both kinds of users.

Bruce

--
Bruce W. Martin
Systems Administrator, VSA