Sendmail Generics Configuration LDAP

Joshua Gimer jgimer at gmail.com
Fri Apr 13 18:00:42 UTC 2007

I am trying to configure Sendmail to do Generics lookups using LDAP. I added
FEATURE(`genericstable', `LDAP') to my sendmail.mc file, and was planning on
using an existing LDAP directory that should contain the information needed
(currently doing aliasing). I do not know where to specify the non-standard
attributes that we are using, and would prefer to not change my
sendmail.cfdirectly (makes it very impractical when changing things
later). I had this
working using a file, but am unsuccessful when doing this through LDAP. Does
anyone have a working generics through LDAP configuration?

I see the information that was added to my sendmail.cf when using the above
directive in my sendmail.mc (Kgenerics -v .... -k .... ), any help would be
great. I have searched google, and my O'Reilly book without success.

--
Thx
Joshua Gimer