/etc/fstab error

Shiraz Baig shiraz_baig at yahoo.com
Mon Apr 16 09:13:38 UTC 2007

> Hi all,

> I am using fedora 6.
> I have edited file /etc/fstab file by adding to the
> following line:

> LABEL=/download    /download        ext3
defaults            1
2

First problem: How to modify /etc/fstab?
If you are using grub, then edit the line of linux by
presseing letter 'e' twice, at the time of boot, and
then add word 'single' and then reboot. It will drop
you to single user mode and u can edit files. Also you
could use first CD of Fedora and do "linux rescue" and
then chroot /mnt/sysimage and you can then edit the
desired file.

Second problem: /etc/fstab entry
In the first column just give device name /dev/hda6
and also make a directory /download, and then this
partition will be mounted there.
bye
shiraz