email query

sylvan dacounha sylvan_2804 at yahoo.com
Mon Apr 16 11:57:27 UTC 2007

Dear ,

thnks a lot for your immediate reply

i will correct the spf record syntax in the zone file

regards the reverse lookup for primail.kmun.gov.kw gives not kmdns.kmun.gov.kw but gives ns1.qualitynet.net which is our service provider

so basically the forward lookup and the reverse r different IPs

also appreciate if you could let me know the servers and how to check if my server is in spam list

thnks and Regards

simon

Lord of Gore <lordofgore at logsoftgrup.ro> wrote: sylvan dacounha wrote:
> Thanks again
>
>   I add a SPF record but the same is happening
>
>   the mail still goes to junk mail folder
>
>   the syntax is as below
>
>   our domain is kmun.gov.kw
>

>   kmun.gov.kw. IN TXT "v=spf1 a:kmun.gov.kw -all"

you should have here something like this:

kmun.gov.kw. IN TXT "v=spf1 mx ptr ip4:62.150.152.1
mx:primail.kmun.gov.kw ~all"

>   apprecite your help
>
>   could there be any error or misconfigurion in my DNS or in sendmail

check out the new TXT record. Don't forget to modify the zone's serial.
Sendmail's job is to send and receive mails. As long as it sends &
receives them everything is fine.

>   btw the forward n reverse lookups are pointing to different IP
>   if u check for our domain

You mean that reverse looking up the ip for primail.kmun.gov.kw gives
kmdns.kmun.gov.kw ? That's no problem.
Did you check if you are in the spam lists? If you are you can't get
anything working until you get yourself removed from those lists.