Win2k dieing on .exe from Samba

Robert Canary rwcanary at ocdirect.net
Mon Apr 16 13:59:04 UTC 2007

I have something weird happen between a Window2000 and a RHL7.2 SAMAB
server.

It use to work fine until about three weeks ago, I blamed it on the
WIndows2000 because I knew for a fact the drive was going out, however,
I have recently replaced the hardrive (completely reloaded Win2k).

The problem:
I can access shared directories on the Samba server fine.  I can
read/write/browse/print.  However, If I try to execute *any* .exe files
from that Samba server Win2k just simply locks up.  A few clicks more
and it is completely frozen.  However, I have three more Samba server on
other systems (All RHL7.2) and they do fine. I can double the .exe files
and they execute fine.

Now the really strange thing ..... it only acts this way on this one
particular Samba server, and only on this one Win2k machine.  Things are
okay on the WinXP laptop.

I have tried to compare setups between these systems but I haven't
detected any differences.

Any ideas?

--
Robert