RHCE and other certs?

Angie Moore diabeticithink at yahoo.com
Tue Apr 17 13:50:10 UTC 2007

WOW, that was the most negative and downright untrue assessment I have ever
had the displeasure of reading.

DO NOT LISTEN TO THAT GARBAGE THAT "Dave" WROTE.

1.) GET CERTS. Yes, they pay off, handsomely. I ONLY hire people with
certifications. Microsoft, Red Hat, Cisco, doesn't matter. They not only
show you know the basics, but they show the ability to learn, the "book
learning's" of a specific product and the tenacity to follow through.

2.) FORGET the CS bachelors degree, (unless you plan on working for the
government). I have had to let go all of my engineers who came in with CS
degrees. They did not have the knowledge in the area they applied for. The
CS degree gives you an OVERVIEW of various skills, but nothing in-depth.
It's sad really, but I've found it's true, (even though I have a CS degree
from GW).

3.) Problem solving. That's the key. Having the mental ability to problem
solve is the key to a successful tech career. ANYONE can setup an apache
server connecting to a backend MySql database. My baby sister (16 years old)
has not only done that, but she can do much, much more. Practice problem
solving in your area of discipline and you will ultimately be rewarded.

Angie Moore
President
Moore & Angle IT Consulting, Inc.
Sterling, VA