RHCE and other certs?

Terry Zink tzink at logicworks.net
Tue Apr 17 17:38:48 UTC 2007

Vendor certs will always help more than non vendor certs.  They are known organizations and being recognized by them stands out.  Remember, the average recruiter is generally not a technical person that uses those skills.  The recruiter that selects your resume just knows the buzzwords to look for.  I can guess that the average response might be.

"oh.. LPI certified.. hrm... interesting... OH hey this guy has his RHCE, he's redhat certified I know them."

Still the more things you list on your resume, the better.

Buzzwords. Yay for being your own personal sales person.

(This is not to say that a resume should not have technical information as well, but you need to cater to both the technical readers and non technical readers.)

---

Terry Zink
RHCE
Logicworks