email query

Lord of Gore lordofgore at logsoftgrup.ro
Tue Apr 17 17:41:27 UTC 2007

sylvan dacounha wrote:
> Dear ,
>
> thnks a lot for your immediate reply

np
> i will correct the spf record syntax in the zone file
>
> regards the reverse lookup for primail.kmun.gov.kw gives not kmdns.kmun.gov.kw but gives ns1.qualitynet.net which is our service provider

Step 1:
;; QUESTION SECTION:
;primail.kmun.gov.kw.           IN      A

;; ANSWER SECTION:
primail.kmun.gov.kw.    28696   IN      A       62.150.152.1

Step 2:
;; QUESTION SECTION:
;1.152.150.62.in-addr.arpa.     IN      PTR

;; ANSWER SECTION:
1.152.150.62.in-addr.arpa. 86400 IN     PTR     ax12-1.qualitynet.net.

So we were both wrong but I could swear that yesterday said differently.
> so basically the forward lookup and the reverse r different IPs

No, it's the opposite. The same ip has two names but it's ok.
> also appreciate if you could let me know the servers and how to check if my server is in spam list

Look on Google for rbl check. I used what I could get first:
http://www.robtex.com/rbls.html and you don't seem to be listed but
there are more of them out there. Maybe the list could hop in and
opinionate on best rbl checkers or even on best practices.