RHCE and other certs?

m.roth2006 at rcn.com m.roth2006 at rcn.com
Tue Apr 17 18:34:37 UTC 2007

>Date: Tue, 17 Apr 2007 08:45:59 -0700
>From: Ray Van Dolson <rvandolson at esri.com>
<snip>

>Certs don't hurt, but in my experience I have to agree with Dave, they
>have been the lowest on the priority scale.  A CS degree gets
<snip>
One other thing - I dunno where the $600 or $800 figure came from, but most certs I've seen the price on - Oracle, security (from SANS), etc, all run, including the training, somewhere in the neighborhood of $3000.

And I've *never* had an employer that was willing to pay for training, certainly not for that kind of money.

    mark