RHCE and other certs?

Ken Barber kbarber at bmi.com
Tue Apr 17 21:07:59 UTC 2007

Nice to see this flame war ^H^H^H^H^H^H^H^H^H discussion getting back on
track...

More comments below.

On Tuesday 17 April 2007 3:53:57 pm Ray Van Dolson wrote:
> If he can afford to he should go after RHCE; if not, wait until he has
> an employer who will pay for it for him.

I agree.  Out on the West Coast where I'm from, my RHCE cuts about as much ice
as a note from my mother.  Back East though, it's a whole 'nother story.  Out
here it's worth its weight in gold.

I don't have a degree.  Many employers hold that against me -- to the point
where experience and certs flat-out don't matter.  It hurts, but I'm still
able to find work.  And to those who know what an RHCE means (i.e., what you
have to to do earn one), it does command a great deal of respect.

Unless you're on the West coast, an RHCE is definitely worth pursuing.

Ken Barber

immediately.

Thank you.