RH EL5 - Broadcom Netlink Fast Ethernet

Wartnick, James James.Wartnick at bestbuy.com
Wed Aug 1 12:54:22 UTC 2007

I have a new dell Inspiron 1420 running both Vista and RH EL5. The
laptop has a Broadcom Netlink Fast Ethernet controller which isn't
recognized/working
on the Linux side. I found one post from someone who had the exact
configuration I have, but was using SUSE. They suggested using
ndiswrapper (which apparently worked). Can someone help me out with
this? Is there a driver that works for Linux or do I need to use
ndiswrapper (which I have no clue on how to do). If I can download the
driver, it's a bit challenging because I either have to boot with Vista,
download the driver, reboot to Centos, and mount the NTFS filesystem
(which I have not figured out how to do as well), or burn the driver
onto a CD (since there is no network capabilities with the Linux-side of
things).

Any help appreciated.

Thanks.

-Jim