NTP issue Continued

Andrew Bacchi bacchi at rpi.edu
Wed Aug 8 13:58:53 UTC 2007

Andrew,

I haven't followed this thread for long so this may have already been
suggested.

I have this line in my iptables file to allow ntp communication.  You
may already have it, if not add it and restart iptables.  This works on
both RHAS 3 and RHAS 4.   You might check in /var/log/messages for
anything concerning ntp, that may give you some clue, also check
/var/log/security

Good luck.

#Allow NTP.
-A INPUT -p udp -m udp -s 0/0 --sport 123                   -d 0/0
--dport 123  -j ACCEPT