Problem with DD deploying img file.

Andrew.Bridgeman at corusgroup.com Andrew.Bridgeman at corusgroup.com
Mon Aug 13 09:16:19 UTC 2007

I  currently have a problem deploying a new image to  a machine which is
normally done by using dd. I had a machine disk break on me a week or so
ago so I ordered a new disk ( exact Make/Model) which arrived today. The
images sit on our network drive, known as slash.img and boot.img. We have a
procedure that we follow every time a machine needs a new image and the
images have been used many times in the past so i know they work fine. The
commands I am running are below:

dd if=boot.img of=dev/sda1
dd if=slash.img of=/dev/sda2

When i run the first command it runs with no problems but the second
command comes up with the error below. Could someone tell me what I can do
to highlight the problem and fix it as I need to get this machine back up
and running ASAP.

dd - writing to /dev/sda2: Input/Output error.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Regards

Andrew Bridgeman

This transmission is confidential and must not be used or disclosed by
anyone other than the intended recipient. Neither Corus Group Limited nor
any of its subsidiaries can accept any responsibility for any use or
misuse of the transmission by anyone.

For address and company registration details of certain entities
within the Corus group of companies, please visit
http://www.corusgroup.com/entities