Re: RHEL 4 or 5 AS 64Bit OS

I use newer kernels and compile root-over-NFS. I have over 1200 machines to deal with and finally went to a nfs-rooted environment, using the local disk for swap and /tmp only. I also NFS root boot FC3_64 with custom newer kernels to support the newer Core2 and Intel chipsets that Dell updates almost every shipment.