bypass intranet sites

Gaddis, Jeremy L. jeremy at linuxwiz.net
Thu Aug 16 12:21:09 UTC 2007

On 8/16/07, sylvan dacounha <sylvan_2804 at yahoo.com> wrote:
>   I have a couple of sites in my intranet and all my locals users are using squid to access internet.
>   i would want squid to bypass the proxy when users accessin the local intranet sites
>
>   right now users hav to explicitly say in the browsers .. BYPASS PROXY SERVER for local addresses after check the use proxy server and the address has to be mentioned

If you're actually pointing all your clients at your proxy server via
browser settings, I'm not sure you *can* bypass it.  Our users do not
hit our proxy server when surfing internal sites, but that's done via
an ACL on the route-map (transparent proxy here).

That said, if it is possible, I'm sure someone here can tell you how.  =)

--
Jeremy L. Gaddis
http://www.jeremygaddis.com/