Apply/build connlimit module from patch-o-matic in RHE 4

Hamilton Vera hamilton.listas at gmail.com
Fri Aug 17 19:18:54 UTC 2007

Hi masters, before posting I had looked in the mail archive for recent
topics related to this.

How can add the connlimit module ( from patch-o-matic
http://www.netfilter.org/projects/patch-o-matic/index.html ) in Red
Hat Enterprise Linux AS
release 4 (Nahant Update 3) ?

I've found this page with some modules in the rpm format.

http://www.redhat.com/archives/nahant-list/2005-July/msg00024.html

But these modules don't work in ELsmp kernels.

I am quite new in red hat world, I've tried to compile the
module/kernel using the steps
from the Oficial Red Hat and Fedora Docummentation.

I've googled a lot about this, I even tried this ;

http://www.opennet.ru/base/net/connlimit_fedora.txt.html

Ps: I don't know Russian :), but the steps are almost the same.

I compiled the module but unfortunately I had some  problems when I
try to load it:

>From kernel messages;

mtrr: type mismatch for fc000000,800000 old: uncachable new: write-combining
ip_tables: (C) 2000-2002 Netfilter core team
ip_conntrack version 2.1 (8192 buckets, 65536 max) - 340 bytes per conntrack
ipt_connlimit: no version for "struct_module" found: kernel tainted.
ipt_connlimit: disagrees about version of symbol ip_conntrack_find_get
ipt_connlimit: Unknown symbol ip_conntrack_find_get
ipt_connlimit: Unknown symbol tuplehash_to_ctrack
.

System info;

Red Hat Enterprise Linux AS release 4 (Nahant Update 3)
Linux barcelona 2.6.9-34.ELsmp #1 SMP Fri Feb 24 16:54:53 EST 2006
i686 i686 i386 GNU/Linux
gcc version 3.4.5 20051201 (Red Hat 3.4.5-2)

Thanks in advance.

Sorry about the dumb question and the poor English

--
Hamilton Vera