CUPS

m.roth2006 at rcn.com m.roth2006 at rcn.com
Tue Aug 21 18:02:35 UTC 2007

Ok, I'm almost ready to give up on getting my RH9 box (with no X, and no compilers - it's a firewall/router, and was to be a printserver), but the best info I can find suggests that the damn 403 I keep getting is a cupsd.conf issue (although I wouldn't be surprised to find a permission problem).

I can print the test page. From another box, running SuSE 10, YAST lets me see that it can see the IPP on the RH9 box, but can't print from the other box.

So... anyone have, say, a working cupsd.conf? Feel free to file off the serial numbers, just leave placeholders (i.e., Allow <myip>/255.255.255.0).

      mark