CUPS

Joshua M. Miller joshua at itsecureadmin.com
Tue Aug 21 21:52:37 UTC 2007

I think you've answered your own question there.  If you look at your
cupsd.conf, you will see several sections that allow you to restrict
access to your installation.  One example would be:

# Restrict access to the admin pages...
<Location /admin>
   Order allow,deny
   Allow localhost
         Allow 192.168.1.0/24
</Location>

The above example gives all IPs on the 192.168.1.0/24 network access to
your admin page.  YOu could also open this up with 'Allow All' to give
unrestricted web access, but require logins for changes.

Maybe you could post your sanitized cupsd.conf for us to dissect?

HTH,
--
Joshua M. Miller - RHCE,VCP