CUPS

m.roth2006 at rcn.com m.roth2006 at rcn.com
Tue Aug 21 22:15:54 UTC 2007

>Date: Tue, 21 Aug 2007 14:52:37 -0700
>From: "Joshua M. Miller" <joshua at itsecureadmin.com>
>
>I think you've answered your own question there.  If you look at your
>cupsd.conf, you will see several sections that allow you to restrict
>access to your installation.  One example would be:
>
># Restrict access to the admin pages...
><Location /admin>
>   Order allow,deny
>   Allow localhost
>         Allow 192.168.1.0/24
></Location>
>
>The above example gives all IPs on the 192.168.1.0/24 network access to
>your admin page.  YOu could also open this up with 'Allow All' to give
>unrestricted web access, but require logins for changes.

*sigh*
I started with what was presented after the system reinstall (replacing old failing hardware with newer, not failing hardware....) I see <location>, and some outside tags; I've already googled for days, and tried everything that I've seen suggested, including what ESR posted in his old rant on CUPS (for which I need to thank him).

>Maybe you could post your sanitized cupsd.conf for us to dissect?

When I get home.