printer recommendations

mark m.roth2006 at rcn.com
Sat Aug 25 17:28:14 UTC 2007

Ok, we've decided that the black head circuitry is dead on our printer. Now, I
like the Canon, esp the four separate cartridges (*all* < $15, OEM), so I'm
leaning towards another Canon.

BIG consideration: it *must* have good support under Linux, since that's all I
run. I'm looking at the CUPS printer database, but that won't tell me things like:
	- how well it will last (I'm not happy at only 4 years)
	- not *too* expensive (I'd prefer < $150)

And with this group, yes, I'm looking at an inkjet, and I *loathe* HP inkjets -
pure crap.

	mark