printer recommendations

Sorin Srbu sorin.srbu at orgfarm.uu.se
Mon Aug 27 06:50:34 UTC 2007

dbrett at tcn.net <> wrote on Sunday, August 26, 2007 2:20 AM:

I second that, the HP Laserjet 4 and 5-series basically last forever. We have
a couple 4 and 5M-machines that's been chugging along since the mid/late 90s
w/o a hitch, only the occasional cartridge-exchange and vaccuming. For basic
monochrome printing this is the way to go IMO.

For flashier photo-printing, I've seen that Canon Pixmas get good scores.

Inkjets, regardless of brand, are a necessary evil at times, unless you have
access to a colour laser printer of good quality... 8-]