printers

Well, I just went out yesterday and got a really cheap HP 1018 laserprinter. I
looked at the Linux/CUPS printing d/b. I'm running RH9, and had to upgrade Perl
 to install foo2zjs, *and* had to put a compiler, etc, on a firewall box
(that's coming off, once this is done), and redhat-config-printer seems to do
everything right, finds it as USB, and prints. I don't *see* any error
messages, and lpq shows me the test page in the queue.

Yes, I d/l the firmware update. Twice.

Nothing comes out. Any thoughts?

	mark