Date: Tue, 28 Aug 2007 09:45:40 -0400
From: Andrew Bacchi <bacchi rpi edu>
Subject: Re: xhost RHEL3 != RHEL4
To: General Red Hat Linux discussion list <redhat-list redhat com>

I find no need to use xhost in RHEL4. But I did find I needed to allow X in the ssh command.

ssh -X -l username hostname

That will allow ssh to forward the X session to your client.

-- veritatas simplex oratio est -Seneca Andrew Bacchi Systems Programmer Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute phone: 518.276.6415 fax: 518.276.2809 http://www.rpi.edu/~bacchi/