Installing on scsi raid drives

Geoff Rainey Geoff.Rainey at tvnz.co.nz
Wed Aug 29 23:44:55 UTC 2007

I have recently had the same problem with an Adaptec scsi raid
controller
(7901x) whereby the install would not detect the disks. Since this
Adaptec
Controller driver should have been available for this install, I had to
select "linux noprobe" to forcibly load the driver manually which
resolved
my issue - though caused another issue resulting in a kernel recompile
of a
kernel.org kernel.

These issues are generally resolved by the availability of a "driver
disk" for
A piece of hardware from the manufacturer's website, such as the HP site
under
support and drivers, if you're using HP gear.

Regards,
Geofrey.