Installing on scsi raid drives

Geoff Rainey Geoff.Rainey at tvnz.co.nz
Thu Aug 30 03:13:10 UTC 2007

Yes this can be a very tricky process.

At the beginning of the Linux install at the command prompt, type the
following:

linux noprobe

>From there you will get to a screen which has a big list of drivers to
load for
the installation, you will need to select those drivers that are
applicable to your
Hardware. To find out what drivers are applicable to your hardware
requires
One to identify each driver and associate that with each component. For
Instance my motherboard had an Adaptec 7901x scsi controller which
Requires the AIC79xx driver, so I selected that. I also had to do the
same
For the Network card, and any others but I think that was all I
selected. The Redhat
Enterprise install then saw my scsi disks properly.

Hopefully you don't need to do this and you can get a driver disk from
the
HP website. The driver disk will probably be an image that you'll write
onto
A floppy, or cd, then during the install at the prompt, instead of
typing
"linux noprobe", you'll type "linux dd".

Regards,
Geofrey.