Re: cannot connect to internet

kimberly custodio wrote:
i installed red hat enterprise level 4 in my machine, but its not connecting to internet and cannot ping our network as well.

You may have to provide some more information. A good place to start would be to describe your network and how you connect to the Internet (is it ethernet, wifi, modem, token ring, ISDN etc etc)

some things you could provide are the outputs from an ifconfig command and a netstart -rn (or route -n)

Also, advise if you have checked the obvious, is the ethernet cable plugged in ? is your switched powered up etc etc (and this is only assuming that it is ethernet you are using to connect)

HTH,

--
Steve.