how to setup ftp server in red hat enterprise level 5

kimberly custodio kim_custodio at yahoo.com
Thu Aug 30 10:35:56 UTC 2007

cname in the dns? is this need to be done in my server or in DNS server?
  the ftp is meant for our clients to upload and download files. we supposed to give them their id and passwd in order to upload and download files.
  really need your advise on this. dont know much in linux/ red hat. thanks!

John O'Loughlin <j.oloughlin at qmul.ac.uk> wrote:

If you set an cname in the dns with ftp.domain.com pointing at
server.domain.com then when they try to ftp to ftp.server.com they will
end up at the right server.

Do you need just anonymous access to it?

if so, then:

In /etc/vsftpd/vsftpd.conf

make sure

local_enable=NO

let me know what the ftp server needs to do.

Regards

John