Fwd: Re: how to setup ftp server in red hat enterprise level 5

kimberly custodio kim_custodio at yahoo.com
Thu Aug 30 11:21:21 UTC 2007

#nmap <staeftp>

  The 1655 ports scanned but not shown they are in state: closed

  Port       State        Service
  21/tcp    open         ftp
  22/tcp    open         ssh
  25/tcp    open         smtp
  111/tcp  open          rpcbind

  that's it.

John O'Loughlin <j.oloughlin at qmul.ac.uk> wrote:

> thanks so much for your attention!

No problem.

what is the name of the server?

btw, you *will* need some firewall rules.

also, can you give me the output of:

nmap localhost (if you have nmap installed)

John