Re: What is the RHEL software development stack?

On 8/31/07, Mertens, Bram <mertensb mazdaeur com> wrote:
> Thanks but I don't have the media yet.  We're still considering which
> subscription we need so we haven't downloaded anything yet.
>
> Is there a way to see the package list on RHN?  We do have an RHN
> account but I couldn't find a dekstop channel.

Unless you can look in the Workstation child channel I don't know how
- there are over 900 packages so I'm not inclined to try to list them
here. It includes most devel packages and various other stuff.

But my general opinion on the matter is that if you want the rough
equivalent of WS on previous versions of RHEL you really need
desktop+workstation to get it.

John