logwatch rhel5

Tom Greaser tgreaser at hsc.wvu.edu
Tue Dec 18 17:24:28 UTC 2007

Ive never had to modify logwatch to do its comb on our logs.
I have both named and dhcp going to their own log file under /var/log/
named.log
dhcpd.log

after upgrading to rhel5  logwatch is not showing any info about
those processes other than what is put into messages (ie restart process).
 I went into /usr/share/logwatch/default.conf/
both logfiles and services
in services modified  named.conf    LogFile = named
in logfiles created a named.conf  and pointed
LogFile = named.log

same for dhcpd

not getting anything..   read the man pages.. i have nothing in
the /etc/logwatch*   to override anything...

can anyone on the list point me in the right direction.?