Moving /home to a LVM

Joey Prestia joey at linuxamd.com
Wed Dec 19 20:17:12 UTC 2007

I am out of room on my /home partition which is just ext3 and I am
wanting to move it to a unpartitioned area which i plan on making a LVM
and once the data is moved I want to make the old /home partition LVM
also and join it to the new LVM that I am creating. What I am unsure of
is how to move the data do I just tar it up and move it to the LVM and
untar it add the new part to fstab and take the old part out? will I
have to reboot? any Help greatly appreciated.

Thanks Joey