Re: sendmail

Herta Van den Eynde wrote:
On 03/12/2007, Mad Unix <madunix gmail com> wrote:
am trying to setup sendmail server on RHEL5
i get the following message
Dec  3 15:23:02 linux1 sendmail[5218]: daemon MTA: problem creating SMTP
socket
Dec  3 15:23:02 linux1 sendmail[5218]: NOQUEUE: SYSERR(root):
opendaemonsocket: daemon MTA: server SMTP socket wedged: exiting

How should I setup my sendmail.cf

divert(-1)dnl

DAEMON_OPTIONS(`Port=smtp,Addr=smtp.mail.com, Name=MTA')dnl

--
madunix

I never set up a sendmail server, but looks like you need a closer
look at the the top lines of the sendmail.cf you posted: you're
supposed to edit sendmail.mc (and probably also submit.mc), then run
"make -C /etc/mail" to create the .cf equivalents.
One gotcha I learned from setting up sendmail clients: make sure you
cd to /etc/mail before running "make -C /etc/mail".

More details on http://www.sendmail.org/

Kind regards,

Herta

Agreed. I don't expect that your MTA server is smtp.mail.com. Try rebuilding the sendmail.cf and restarting sendmail. If you still have problems, come back to the list. Or send your sendmail.mc file to the list and we can check it out.

   Alfred Hovdestad, RHCE
   University of Saskatchewan