red hat firewall question

Anne Moore diabeticithink at yahoo.com
Tue Dec 4 17:09:10 UTC 2007

Hi Marshall

Well I've already determined that this will fix the issues. The problem is
indeed with our firewall and it cannot be changed due to our security
policy. Thus, I created a script that continually pings every 30 seconds and
that keeps the logons alive.

So, if I can get the firewall to do it's own version of "ping" using "keep
state" then it will take affect for all tcp connections to the server. Since
I know that this will fix all of our disconnection issues, and it appears to
be a very easy fix, then I'm going to go ahead and get it completed.

However, I don't know how to properly use "keep state" with my firewall.

Any ideas on this? I just don't know much about Ipfilter and the proper
syntax.

Thank you again for your help.

Anne