Re: problem with postfix rejecting email

On Dec 4, 2007, at 8:00 AM, Bill Tangren wrote:
I'm having a problem with postfix, version 2.2.10-1.1.el4. Because of the screwy firewall configuration here, some lcoal email comes in to my email server with no reverse DNS entry. I had been rejecting those, but now that some of our own email is coming in that way, I need to turn it off. I thought I had been using reject_unknown_sender_domain to reject such email, but when I comment it out, I'm still rejecting email with no reverse DNS entry.

reject_unknown_sender_domain rejects messages when the domain part of the SMTP sender address cannot be found in DNS.

My question: How do I turn this feature off?

This is an example of a rejection in the log:

Look for a reject_unknown_client directive in one of the smtpd_mumble_restrictions in your main.cf -- then remove it.

--
Ian Ward Comfort <icomfort rescomp stanford edu>
System Administrator, Student Computing, Stanford University