UPS monitoring

Hello,

Does anyone know if on a RHEL 5 system I need to install the apcupsd to monitor my UPS when I installed I noticed an icon on the desktop and that apparently knows the system is on battery backup. But yesterday when power went out I cant find anything in my logs I have a APC Back-UPS 1500VA and used to install apcupsd when i was running Mandriva to take care of shutting down the system properly. I am curious if RHEL 5 has a program to handle this.

Thanks Joey