UPS monitoring

McDougall, Marshall (FSH) Marshall.McDougall at GOV.MB.CA
Tue Dec 4 20:54:31 UTC 2007

Have a look at /etc/inittab.  In my all of my RH servers it has:

# When our UPS tells us power has failed, assume we have a few minutes
# of power left.  Schedule a shutdown for 2 minutes from now.
# This does, of course, assume you have powerd installed and your
# UPS connected and working correctly.
pf::powerfail:/sbin/shutdown -f -h +2 "Power Failure; System Shutting
Down"

# If power was restored before the shutdown kicked in, cancel it.
pr:12345:powerokwait:/sbin/shutdown -c "Power Restored; Shutdown
Cancelled"

I'm fairly certain that RH5 still has this.  It may point you to where
you need to look.

Regards, Marshall