Cannot create files/directories that have numeric only names

Jon Stanley jonstanley at gmail.com
Thu Dec 6 02:12:48 UTC 2007

On Dec 5, 2007 8:59 PM, Madan Thapa <madan.feedback at gmail.com> wrote:
> Gary,
>
> A kernel upgrade fixed the issue for a while but I ended up with an OS
> reload.

Kernel upgrade seems odd.  This came up once before in #rhel on
freenode, and we were all stumped.  I believe the user in that case
was running the latest kernel, had no aliases, etc to rule out all the
"usual suspects".  Sounds like some type of weird filesystem
corruption.  Have you tried to force fsck on the filesystem?

I am *really* interested in what this ends up being, if it's ever found out.

-Jon