shell script error

Cesar Covarrubias cesar at uci.edu
Thu Dec 6 18:13:57 UTC 2007

Hello,

If my shell programming is as good as I hope, you need the following:

if [ ! -z `/bin/cat /tmp/BACKUP/tmp | /bin/grep 'not accepted'` ] ; then
echo hi; else echo no; fi

The -z will apply the the output of the entire line, after the grep. I
am sure if I am wrong, someone will be sure and educate us both and make
us better shell programmers.

Very Respectfully,
Cesar Covarrubias