From: psavoie1783 rogers com
To: redhat-list redhat com
Date: Sun, 16 Dec 2007 11:56:04 -0500
Subject: Re: Adding modules for Intel 965 integrated video

Hi Alan, I believe kernel-devel holds the source. Good call Alan. Thanks for making me realize that I ran the 'make menuconfig' command from the wrong place. I found the Makefile and Makefile.cpu under:

/usr/src/kernels/2.6.18-8.el15-i686/arch/i386

um, try running it under /usr/src/kernels/2.6.18-8.el15-i686/

If you do not have a makefile there, then I would suggest that you do not have a complete kernel-devel package installed and you shoudl probably download and install it again.

You should possibly look at upgrading your kernel while you are at it to the latest version

[root wibble 2.6.18-53.1.4.el5-i686]# pwd
/usr/src/kernels/2.6.18-53.1.4.el5-i686
[root wibble 2.6.18-53.1.4.el5-i686]# make menuconfig
  HOSTCC  scripts/kconfig/conf.o
  HOSTCC  scripts/kconfig/kxgettext.o
  HOSTCC  scripts/kconfig/mconf.o
  HOSTCC  scripts/kconfig/zconf.tab.o
.
.
etc

This is being done with the packages installed above, make sure you have them on your system.

--
Steve.