Re: RHEL 5 Virtualization

Ryan Golhar wrote:
Is anyone using RHEL 5 Virtualization?

We have a quad core 64-bit machine that has RHEL 5 Server installed. I've enabled virtualization support in the BIOS and am running the xen kernel. I'm creating my first virtual machine using the virtual machine manager to install a RHEL 5 server (one of several). After the virtual system reads the first ISO CD, how do I change the ISO CD? I don't see a way to do this.

One way is to use cobbler to install your vm for you using its kickstart. Redhat magazine has a good article on using it. I personally install my vm's using ftp no cd changing. By the way if you haven't checked lately red hat is now allowing dvd downloads starting with rhel 5.1

--Joey